Choosing a Place to Worship
If volume is too low, adjust the wave volume (click on speaker icon on the right hand bottom of screen) on your computer
Unto the Most High YHVH -- Blessed is He -- be all glory and honor.
How to Choose a Place of Worship
Many choose a Church or Synagogue for many reasons: location, programs, denomination, ethnicity, music, etc.
While some of these reasons are valid, what do the Scriptures teach us about choosing a Church or Synagogue?
Reasons you probably should not use to pick a Church or Synagogue:
· Program of the week
· Biggest in town
· Leader is charismatic, or attractive
· Closest to house
Characteristics of a good Church or Synagogue:
· Use the Bible as basis of teaching
· Train up disciples, not believers
· Stresses objective standards of conduct (defined by Scripture)
· Stresses individual & group holiness
· Focus on 3-fold function: Assembly, Prayer & Worship, Teaching
· Teach based on entire Scriptures, not only selected pieces
· Conform to the entire council of G-d
· Give alternative views and state which they agree with, and why
· Encourage self study
· Encourage verification of teachings
· Specifically teach context of words, especially cultural, historical, purpose of book, and surrounding text
· Transparent – financially, organizationally, personally
· Intellectually honest – admits limits of knowledge
In the final analysis, a person needs to go where G-d is telling them to go. These guidelines are meant to help the person understand what we believe G-d considers important.
2004-2008 Yeshua Ha'Mashiach Ministries, Inc.
Yeshua Ha'Mashiach Ministries
2004-2013 Yeshua Ha'Mashiach Ministries, Inc.
No part maybe reproduced without written permission.